WORKERS’ COMPENSATION NEW BUSINESS SPECIALIST
Position Summary: The Workers’ Compensation New Business Specialist determines acceptability of Workers’ Compensation risks by reviewing, evaluating and rating submissions. The New Business Specialist also assists in building and maintaining agency and carrier relationships. The New Business Specialist needs to enjoy working in a team environment; while also being able to take initiative and succeed independently.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide business information and resolve problems by answering producers’ questions and concerns.
- Review Workers’ Compensation insurance applications by analyzing risk for acceptance, rejection, or need for further evaluation by comparing exposure analysis (classification, business characteristics, inspection reports, loss experience) to company underwriting guidelines.
- Prepare premium indications/quotes by rating risks based on class fit and business characteristics.
- Complete underwriting file documentation by adhering to established underwriting standards.
- Maintain inter/intradepartmental workflow by fostering a spirit of cooperation.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Assists with special projects as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in related field preferred; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years Workers’ Compensation insurance experience required. Must have working knowledge of Workers’ Compensation standards and regulations, class codes, and underwriting standards.
- Existing agency relationships is preferred.
All inquiries can be sent directly to Jeff Sandy at – firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-896-8145